Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Nighty Night!

There must be something magical and fascinating about my bedroom. The kids love playing in there. Maybe because it's filled with interesting things like Shoes! And Clothes! And Laundry Baskets! I really don't get it.

Regardless, we created a night time routine that involves the kids and I climbing into my bed and watching some educational videos. The Leap Frog series are particularly great.  They are animated videos that teach not only letters but advanced reading skills like phonics.  With a boy who is quickly growing up and away from all things childlike, I love that Caden thinks it's funny when the vowels get all sticky and stick to the consonants.  And that he's not too big to cuddle with his Mom.

As for Natalie?  Maybe she'll be the only 2 year old who understands phonics.  She'll also be the only 2 year old who doesn't say "Mama."

1 comment: